Thursday, August 4, 2016

Cross Stitching Fun

I have been working on some projects that I'll need in the cooler months, and I'm sharing one with you today. It's a fun project, and I enjoyed hooking up this scarf for my nephew. I got the pattern from Rescued Paws Designs, a site that is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. I love the free patterns, and the site is easy to use.


This pattern uses half double crochets, but it also requires you to cross them. Which is easy enough, you simply insert your hook into a stitch, half double crochet, then half double crochet into the stitch behind your first double crochet. The pattern will explain this as well. Don't be scared off by the fact that the pattern requires an intermediate skill level. Cross stitching in this way is one of the first things I tackled when I still considered myself at an easy level (and I'm still judging myself to be at an intermediate level in skill) and I had no trouble with it whatsoever. I'm sure you can do it too! 


I really hope my nephew likes this scarf. I decided not to include a fringe in case he felt that was too girly. And I know he likes blue so fingers crossed, I hope he likes it as I intend to include this as apart of his birthday gift. The pattern was very easy to follow, and it was super fun to hook up so once again, a pattern from Rescued Paws Designs wins!

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment