Monday, August 8, 2016

Coasters and Crochet

I don't know why I decided to make coasters one day, but I did. Maybe I thought it'd be a quick and easy project (and it's supposed to be) or maybe I thought they'd be fun adornments but whatever the reason, I recently hooked up some coasters. And it wasn't easy. First of all, I couldn't find a pattern I liked. I tried several, but something was always off. Then, I finally settled on what looked like a simple pattern. Unforunately, working in the round using a single crochet was hard work. I crochet too tightly, and it was slow going because as much as I tried to ease up on the tension, I was also working with a 4.25mm hook. Anyway, these were not fun to make, and I've one more to make for a set of four.


I found the pattern on Ravelry, and I'm sharing it with you here. I made some changes though, switching to a half double crochet in row 5, and then I used a puff stitch and chained one and made another puff stitch in the same stitch, chained one, skipped a stitch and repeated around in row 6. I couldn't make row six work, maybe due to my tension, or perhaps I miscounted somewhere, so I did my own thing. 

They look cute and I'm happy with the result, but I won't be hooking these up again any time soon unless I learn some trick to loosen up my tension. I might try other coaster patterns however. We'll see what I create next! I'm  undecided at the moment, so stay tuned.

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment