Friday, August 5, 2016

Autumn Infinity Scarf

I recently realized that I make a lot of scarves or cowls. This is primarily because they are fun and easy, and I can use them all through the fall and winter, which lasts many months here in Canada. Summers are hot but winters are longer here. Last fall, I made a cowl from some beautiful merino wool and I wanted to share it with you today.


I actually use this beauty to accessorize my outfits, rather than for warmth. The colours called to me the minute I saw this lovely yarn, and one skein was just enough to make a scarf that twists around me once. It's not very wide, but that doesn't matter since it gets thicker when you twist round. To make this, I chained until the length was longer enough to sit on shoulders and fall to my waist. Then I simply half double crocheted in every stitch and repeated that until I ran out of yarn. I joined the ends, and viola! 

Don't know how to half double crochet? Easy peasy. Yarn over the hook, insert into a stitch. You now have two loops on your hook. Yarn over again the hook again and pull through all three loops. You've just made a half double crochet. Need some visual help? Here's a link to help you out. 

Working with merino wool was awesome. It was soft and easy to work with, and the scarf feels so soft and comfy. If you've never used a good quality yarn (and I still mostly stick to acrylic though I'm trying to get better yarns now) do try one out, it makes such a difference to how your projects turn out. Good luck and, 

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment