Monday, July 18, 2016

Front Post Double Crochet Headband

I have a lot of leftover yarn from previous projects. They sit in my yarn basket and I am never quite sure what to do with them. Yesterday I had just enough to try out a pattern I found for a headband, or ear warmer, which it what I will use this piece for in the colder months. I found the pattern at Rescued Paw Designs, a site that is new to me but that is great! The pattern was quick to work up and I love the look of it.


The thing I found with this pattern was that it called for a foundation chain of 40 stitches, but I needed to use 45 even though I was using the recommended 6.5mm hook. I used a worsted yarn, so maybe if you're using a chunkier yarn you'll be okay with the 40 stitches. But, just play around if not.


I had to learn how to front post double crochet, which is soo easy. And I love the look it lends to this ear warmer. I'm thinking this might very well turn into a favourite stitch for meSince I had no idea how to front double crochet, a stitch I had tried before but hadn't had much success at (I'm thinking now I was misunderstanding the written directions I was referring to at the time) so I decided to Youtube. And I found a video that made it super easy so I am sharing that with you! 




I hope you'll try this pattern, if only because it's practical and so much fun! Or just to practice the front post double crochet if it's new to you.

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment