Thursday, July 14, 2016

Crochet Hook Organizer

So, sometime last year or thereabouts, I got tired of hunting for my crochet hooks all over the place, and I decided I needed some place to keep them. I don't quite remember how I came across the idea, but I soon realized I could crochet an organizer to keep my hooks, and that just struck me as fabulous!

I found the pattern for this organizer on Etsy, and I was more than happy to purchase it. I had to alter the pattern a little bit but it worked out perfectly. The only reason I altered the pattern at all was because I had some fatter hooks I was concerned might not fit into the snug little pockets I was crocheting, so to make them a bit wider, in one section I switched from double crochet stitches to treble crochet stitches. My hooks fit so I'm glad I did that. 


Since I had effectively made my organizer a tad longer because of those treble crochets, I decided to forgo trying to crochet the lacey cover from the pattern. Instead, I crocheted a cover consisting of the star stitch and fitted it on, and I love my crochet hook organizer. It holds all my hooks and has room for some more as well, though I have a good selection of sizes. If you'd like to make this organizer, I found the pattern very easy to follow and well worth the money. Try not to crochet too tightly to create a nice even look and I'm sure you'll be happy with the result.

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment