Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Fashion Sparkle Cowl

During the winter, I found a really pretty, sparkly yarn and I just had to crochet it up into something, and so I made it into a cowl. It worked up really easy, and the yarn was nice to work with, even though I was a little worried about the sparkly thread running through it snagging. It did not, which was a relief. I made two of these cowls, one for me and one for my friend's birthday. I love mine. I hope she gets some use out of hers.



I found this pattern on Hopeful Honey, a wonderful blog about crochet. She gave some great tips too about hook sizes and how to work it and I had no problem following her pattern and the tips were quite helpful. Sadly I can't remember what hook size I used, but I do know the suggestions helped me out. The cowl is quite pretty, and I've worn it to work and with jeans. 


The pattern is open weave, though with the chunky yarn I chose, you can't really tell. But the sparkly thread really makes this cowl I think. Using a more basic yarn would yield a different look entirely, so play around and see what works for you. 

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment