Thursday, July 28, 2016

Lacey Crochet

Something I've always wanted to learn to do in crochet, which seemed impossible when I was younger (and I've wanted to do this since I was a kid) was crochet lace, or lacey patterns. Who could teach me? I knew no one who knew how to crochet really, or not more than the basics, never mind the lacey dolies and edges I knew you could hook up.
Picture is not my own work.

The picture above is an example of the type of crochet I always wanted to learn to make. It's beautiful! And so totally not anything I've made, though I hope one day in the future to make to something like this beautiful lace doily. But, the other day, while I was at the craft store, stocking up on yarn (it was on sale!) I came across a book that promised to teach me how to make lace crochet. I was all over it! I studied a pattern in the book, and it looked manageable so yes, book went into basket. Then, I gathered up the materials it said I needed, and I hope that soon, I gather up the patience and courage (more courage I think) to start my very first doily!



I bet you can barely see the head of the teeny tiny crochet hook I bought. I'm sure to be all thumbs once I start trying my hand at lace crochet, but I cannot wait to try it. The book is one I looked over in the store, and I hope it doesn't let me down. I'm providing a link in case you'd like to look over this book more carefully yourself.

Wish me luck! I hope to share my progress with lace crochet with you as I go along. Hopefully I'm a quick study

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment