Monday, August 15, 2016

Knit Like Crochet Stitch

Recently, I was looking for a pattern for a scarf for the fall. I like making scarves, and I love that they keep me warm, so having a few different ones is useful to me on cold days. I spent four hours looking for a pattern because I had a very specific look in mind, simple but not plain or basic. I didn't want anything too lacy looking, or open weave but I wanted it to have a bit of oof, so no basic double crochet for me. I finally, finally, finally found a stitch that gave me the kind of look I had been searching for all afternoon.



And that stitch was a stitch I found on JennOzkan.com, which looks very much like knit but isn't because it was total crochet fun! It's a ribbed effect, very nice and I used a 6.5mm hook which made the scarf feel thick and warm. Here is the this neat knit stitch.   I promise you that even if you are a beginner, working on easy patterns, this is a stitch you can do. It was so much fun, that after making this lovely hunter green scarf, I made another in white. I'll give it to a friend for Christmas. I can't wait to wear this in the fall. The scarf worked up quick and I think this stitch can be used for baby blankets, the effect of it is lovely.

The instructions are very easy to follow, and the creator of this stitch has also provided very useful pictures to assist you. Once you take a look at it, you'll probably experience the same "ah-ha" moment that I did because you'll know immediately what to do. I started immediately and finished this scarf in only a a few hours.

So, if you are looking for something easy and quick as well as something that catches the eye a bit, this is one stitch that fits the bill.

Happy Hooking, 
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment