Monday, January 9, 2017

Slouchy Crochet Hat

I've only made a few hats in my crocheting days, and each has been a learning experience and also, quite fun. I had made three beanies and decided it was time to tackle a slouchy hat. I found a great pattern, and started hooking it up, counting as I went along since counting makes a hat in crochet.


I have to say, I think the hat turned out quite well. The colour is especially bright and happy and fits the causal look of the hat I think. I found the pattern on Ravelry. I had never really used Ravelry much till recently and I am becoming quite indebted to the creators of crochet patterns that share their patterns for free on Ravelry. This pattern was easy to follow, and even when I thought it wouldn't work, it totally did. I did make the band a little less wider than is pictured in the pattern, but I think I was needlessly worried about it being too big as the design of the band keeps the hat snug on your head.

If you'd like a slouchy hat, this pattern would work for any crocheter.

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment