Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Two Stitch Crochet Pot Holder

Happy New Year! I've meant to share with you a new stitch and lovely project for a while but the holidays have been busy. I'm here to share with you today a quick project I worked up today. It'was inspired by a lot of holiday cooking! A pot holder! For this project, I used a cotton yarn and two simple stitches, the single crochet and half double crochet.


To be honest, the pattern is my own making. It is simple, tightly woven and will serve well to hold a hot pot or pan in the kitchen when your stove top is full. I think I will be using this quite often. Want the pattern? I'm willing to share. 

Chain a length appropriate for your pots/pans with a cotton wrosted yarn and a 4.25mm hook.

Row 1: Half double crochet in the ridge of each chain. Ch 1, turn. 

Row 2: Single crochet in each stitch across. Ch 1, turn. 

Row 3-4: Repeat row 2. 

Row 5: Repeat row 5. 

Continue the pattern until the pot holder is an appropriate size. Fasten off, weave in ends. Finish with a single crochet edging in each stitch around. 

Easy peasy and useful! I hope you try this quick project. Let me know how it turns out in the comments section. 

Happy Hooking,
Jewels


No comments:

Post a Comment