Saturday, October 1, 2016

Lemon Stitch Peel Purse

Hello everyone! I apologize for being absent for a while, but I'm back today with a cute little project I whipped up a couple of weeks ago. It's a little purse, easy to make and I learned a new stitch that I love while I was at it.


The lemon peel stitch was really easy, and anyone can do it. If you can single crochet and double crochet, this is that easy. I decided to try out in a simple project and thought it was perfect for a purse. I did get the idea from the site I found the instructions for the stitch on, but I created my own strap, which is longer than pictured, so this is an over the shoulder bag perfect for your phone and keys and a credit card or two. I worked up a length using the lemon peel stitch, then when it was long enough, I made sure to leave a button hole space. I simply chained four, skipped four stitches and followed the pattern till the end of the row. Then, I continued the pattern in the next row till I reached my chain in which I single crocheted across and then carried on with the lemon peel stitch till the end of row and then fastened off. I stitched the sides together using a craft needle and yarn and then made the strap which is just three rows of single crochet. Then I sewed those on to the purse as well. 

It was as easy as that! I haven't used this little purse yet, but I plan to and I have to say, I love the look this stitch lent to this project. It's simple but pretty and that's certainly what I was going for so I'm delighted with the way it turned out. 

Happy Hooking,
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment